Ameris Bank, an American bank that serves customers on the east coast of the United States, is well-known for its good system of online banking. Yet, even though Ameris Bank online banking system helps the customers to use their bank accounts online and get 24/7 control over them, it also comes with certain disadvantages (such as, for example, the necessity to use one-time passcodes).
But if you have doubts whether you should use the online banking system of this bank, there is unbeatable evidence in favor it. For instance, the following operations can be done through this online banking program:
- Pay your bills.
- Make transactions to other bank accounts or between different cards of your bank account.
- View and download credit card statements.
- Set up mobile automatic alerts.
- Change the PIN codes of your credit cards.
As you will learn from this page, there is nothing difficult in signing in to your personal online banking account. But the online banking system of Ameris Bank allows you to access not only a personal bank account online. There are also the following types of accounts you can access online:
- Business online banking.
- Ameris Bank credit card.
- Investor Access
- Merchant Service Access.
- Correspondent/Wholesale (Columbia Team Partner).
- Correspondent/Wholesale (Georgia Team Partner).
Ameris Bank Login
Even though the Ameris online banking system is quite a convenient way of dealing with your bank account, there is one thing that makes the process a bit longer. It is going about the fact that you have to use a one-time password each time when you log in to your account, instead of having a constant password. Yet, the entire procedure is very simple, and you should simply stick to the guidelines in order to access your online banking account.
This is the way how you can log in to your personal online banking account with Ameris Bank:
- The first thing you have to do is to open a new tab in your browser and go to the following webpage: https://www.amerisbank.com/.
- On the main webpage of the bank’s website, you will get to see a huge banner. At that point, you need to scroll that page down a bit.
- Following it, you will notice the red online banking form, placed on the left side of the page – this is the place where you can access your online banking account.
- At first, you should click on the first field and select “Personal Online Banking,” if it has been selected otherwise.
- The next step of yours must be to enter your user ID in the next field and click on the “Sign In” button.
- Right after that, you will get to see the page that will require you to verify your identity. There, you will notice the “One-Time Security Code” section there – click on “Continue with Security Code.”
- Right after doing so, you will notice a page with different phone numbers and ways of receiving a one-time code. Select the means of receiving a one-time code by checking the box next to a suitable option. Then, click on “Continue” button.
- Following it, you will receive that code either through a phone call or as an SMS message. Type that code in the provided field on the page and click on the “Login” button.
- Now, you have just accessed your personal banking account with Ameris Bank. At this point, you can do all further manipulations with your bank account online.
Enroll in the Ameris Bank Online Banking
As it has been pointed out above, the bank’s online banking system makes it very convenient to use your bank account. So, we highly recommend you to sign up for if you don’t have a personal online banking account yet. As this section of the guide will demonstrate, you need to have only access to your credit card, bank account, or other product from Ameris Bank.
If you haven’t joined the online banking program from Ameris yet, these instructions will help you to set up an online banking account:
- In the first place, you have to launch a new tab in the browser and access the following website: https://www.amerisbank.com/.
- Once you have got to see the main webpage of this bank, you should scroll down.
- Following it, you will notice the Ameris Bank online banking form, located on the left side and colored in red. At that point, you need to click on the “Register Now” text button, located beneath the “Sign In” button.
- On the next page, you will get to see several options how you can sign up for online banking account: 1. ATM or debit card. 2. Checking, Savings, or Money Market Account. 3. Loan Account. 4. Certificate of Deposit. At that point, you have to select the service that you use by checking the box next to a respective option.
- Right after that, check the box near “I have read and agree” and click on the “CONTINUE” button.
- Following it, you will get to see the page with the application form. At that point, you need to provide the following information: your first and last name, social security number (enter it twice), and email address (enter it twice).
- Next, provide the other required information, which depends on which way of signing up you have chosen. For instance, you will be asked to provide your PIN code (enter it in two fields) and the last 4 digits of your credit card, if you have chosen the “ATM or Debit Card” option.
- Once you are done with filling out this application, you have to click on the “CONTINUE” button.
- After that, you will be able to complete the registration process and specify a user ID (if you have provided all the details correctly). After doing so, you will receive a one-time password of your online banking account in your email inbox.
- Now, you can use your user ID and that password for accessing your Ameris Bank online banking account (use the guidelines from the first section). Once you access your Ameris Bank account online, you might be able to change the password.
Recover Your User ID
Ameris Bank doesn’t allow the users to set up constant passwords and, instead, allows them to use one-time passcodes for logging in to their accounts. So, while you won’t have a need to recover your account, there is always a possibility to lose one’s user ID (which is a must for accessing your online banking account). This section will show you how to deal with this issue.
You can recover your user ID of the Ameris online banking in this simple way:
- You have to start by launching a new tab in the browser and going to the next website: https://www.amerisbank.com/.
- On the main webpage of Ameris Bank, you will get to see the website’s menu and a huge banner. There, you need to scroll that page down further.
- Following it, you will notice a red online banking form down the page – this is the place where you can recover the user ID. In order to start the recovery process, you have to click on the “Forgot User ID” text button, placed right below the “Sign In” button.
- On the next page, you will be asked to provide certain information in order to recover your user ID. At first, select which type of an account you have: Loan Account or Checking, Savings, or Money Market Account.
- After you have selected a suitable box, you must keep filling out this ID recovery form. Start by entering the account number and proceed further to enter your first and last name. At the end, type the last four digits of your social security number in the last field and click on the “Continue” button.
- Following it, your user ID will be sent onto your email address or phone number that you have linked to your Ameris online banking account.
- Now, check the user ID that you have just received and use the guidelines from the first section in order to log in to your online banking account.
Our website also contains guides for other online banking programs. For instance, one of the guides shows you how to access an online banking account with Bank of America.