When it comes to the credit cards from Bank of America, their selection is really wide and all-encompassing. Bank of America is a decent competitor to any American bank and is able to offer credit cards with outstanding bonuses. Considering that you can even apply for a credit card from BoA online, you should definitely consider applying for a credit card with good bonuses and benefits from this bank.
Best Credit Cards from Bank of America
Considering that Bank of America is one of the largest US banks, it is not surprising that there are many worthwhile BoA credit cards on offer. This article contains detailed reviews of the credit cards from Bank of America from three categories: rewards, travel, and better balance. You can be sure that you will find something suitable for you.
BankAmericard Cash Rewards Credit Card
Annual fee: $0.
Purchase APR: from 12.99% to 22.99%.
Recommended credit score: from 690 to 850.
Most suitable for: customers who already have a bank account with Bank of America and have varied spending.
Credit card features:
- 0% intro APR period for the first 12 billing cycles on balance transfers made within the first 60 days; after that, the variable APR from 12.99% to 22.99% applies.
- Up to 3.3% cash back rewards rate on gas, 2.2% on wholesale clubs and groceries for up to $2,500 in a quarter; after that, the cash back rewards will be lowered to 1% or 1.1%.
- 10% rewards bonus for loyal customers of Bank of America.
This is a good credit card from Bank of America with decent yet modest rewards, which is aimed at the customers with varied, not too high spending. Actually, this credit card offers a pretty high cash back rewards rate on purchases made at wholesale clubs, groceries, and gas stations, but as long as it doesn’t exceed $2,500 in one quarter. Once that happens, the cash back rewards will not exceed 1.1% in the remaining time of that quarter. Cash back rewards on all other purchases are always either 1% or 1.1%, which is lower than what some other cards offer (like Chase Freedom Unlimited).
When it comes to the 0% intro APR period offered by this credit card, it is far worse than what the most cards on the market offer. You get the 0% APR on balance transfers only if you make them within the first 60 days. For any debt transferred beyond that period, you will be charged anywhere from 12.99% to 22.99%, depending on your credit score. Additionally to the balance transfer fee (if applicable), a 3% fee (or at least $10) applies to all balance transfers – even those made within the 60 days.
One of the reasons to apply for this credit card from Bank of America is if you have a checking or savings account with this bank. If you have such an account, then you will be able to deposit your cash back rewards into such an account and get an extra 10%. If you don’t have a bank account with Bank of America, then it would be wiser to choose some other credit cards (from the ones offered below, for instance).
Asiana Airlines Visa Signature Credit Card
Annual fee: $99.
Purchase APR: 14.24%.
Recommended credit score: from 700 to 850.
Most suitable for: any customer who travels with Asiana Airlines.
Credit card features:
- 2.8% cash back rewards on grocery and gas purchases.
- 4.2% cash back rewards on purchases made at Asiana Airlines.
- You will receive a $100 worth rebate for making purchases with Asiana Airlines and 10,000 miles certificate every year.
- 1% foreign transaction fee.
- An ability to earn up to 200,000 miles per year.
Asiana Airlines Visa Card from Bank of America is among the top credit cards issued by this bank, and it is often well-suited for avid travelers. And even though it comes at an annual price of $99, there are many advantages of using this credit card. Besides, it is worth noting that the purchase APR is fixed and equal to 14.24%.
This credit card from Bank of America grants you miles for any purchases you make: 3 miles per each $1 on purchases with Asiana Airlines, 2 miles $1 on purchases at groceries and gas stations, and 1 mile per $1 on all other purchases. That leaves you with a cash back rewards rate varying from 1.4% up to 4.2%, which is, indeed, quite high. There is a limitation of earning no more than 200,000 miles per year. But as long as you don’t spend more than $66,667 per year with this credit card, you shouldn’t fret about it.
Additionally, you will get a $100 rebate and a 10,000 miles certificate each year, which is quite a decent reward as well and easily pays off the card’s annual fee. However, keep in mind that these rewards can be used only for purchases with Asiana Airlines. So, if you don’t travel with this carrier, it would be wiser for you to seek for another travel credit card.
Even though Asiana Airlines naturally operates in the United States (and in over 100 airports across the world), the majority of its routes take place across Asia. Thus, this credit card from BoA would be perfect for anyone who frequently travels within that region. Though, it is also worth to point out that this card comes with a 1% foreign transaction fee, which is quite disappointing. This means that anytime you will use this card abroad, you will lose quite a big share of your cash back rewards.
BankAmericard Better Balance Rewards Credit Card
Annual fee: $0.
Purchase APR: 11.99-21.99%.
Recommended credit score: from 650 to 750.
Most suitable for: any customer who needs to pay off an outstanding debt.
Credit card features:
- 0% intro APR on balance transfers and purchases during the first 12 months.
- 3% foreign transaction fee.
- You will get $25 every quarter if you pay more than a monthly minimum sum by the due date every month.
- You will get $5 every quarter if you have a bank account with Bank of America.
As one could easily understand, this is an ideal credit card for paying off your outstanding debt and improving your credit score. The recommended credit score is naturally lower than most of the other cards from this bank require. And even though there no huge benefits from having this credit card, it might be a good choice if your credit score is not that good and you can’t apply for anything better from BoA.
Apart from a lower required credit score, this credit card charges a lower APR than what other cards from this bank usually charge (read higher). One should also point out that, for example, credit cards from Chase Bank tend to have a far higher APR on purchases. Additionally, the card charges a 3% foreign transaction fee, which is quite usual for such cards.
When it comes to transferring your outstanding debt, it is quite beneficial to do with this card, since you get a 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers during the first 12 months. Keep in mind, however, that you will be charged a transfer fee of either 3% or $10 (whichever is higher), but that doesn’t make the offer unbeneficial. If you transfer your debt to this credit card right after receiving it, you will be able to pay off your debt much faster, as you will be charged 0% APR during the first 12 billing cycles.
As it was already pointed out above, this credit card from Bank of America cannot boast to provide some outstanding rewards. But if you succeed to pay your monthly minimum sum by the due date every month, you will get $25 every quarter. Add extra $5 per quarter that will be credited to your account for having a bank account with Bank of America, and your rewards may reach $120 per year. And while that is not a huge sum, it’s a good annual bonus that you will get for having this credit card from BoA.
How to Log In To Your Credit Card Account
If you have a credit card from the Bank of America, you can manage it right on the bank’s website. Actually, the BoA online banking allows you to make payments, check your credit, pay bills, get credit card statements, and do many other actions. This is the part of the article which will demonstrate you how to access your credit card account with ease.
This is how you can log in to your BoA credit card account step by step:
- In the first place, you should launch a new tab in your browser and go to the following website: bankofamerica.com.
- On the main page of the BoA website, you should click on the “Credit Cards” option in the top menu.
- In a pop-up window that has just been opened, you should click on the “Manage your credit card account” text button.
- Right after doing so, you will get to see the page where you will be offered to enroll in the online banking program. Instead of doing so, you should use the sign in form, placed at the top of the page.
- At first, you have to enter your online ID in the first field.
- Then, you have to type your password in the next field.
- You can also choose to save your online ID for future sessions by checking the box under the first field.
- Eventually, you should click on the “Sign In” button and access your credit card account. Now, you can do anything you want with your credit card online.
How to Apply for a BoA Credit Card
If you don’t have a credit card from Bank of America yet, you can apply for it right on the bank’s website. Or you might do so if you want to get a new credit card from this bank. All in all, you should follow the guidelines from this section of the article in order to apply for a credit card from Bank of America online.
You can apply for a credit card from Bank of America in the following way:
- The first thing you should do is to open a new tab in your browser and access the following website: bankofamerica.com.
- Right after that, you should find the “Credit Cards” menu item in the website’s menu, placed at the top.
- To the right side of the pop-up window, you will see different categories of credit cards – choose a category you wish to select a credit card from.
- Now, you have got to see a page of credit cards from a selected category. Browse the page and find a credit card that looks appealing to you (or that you wished to apply for).
- Once you have found a suitable credit card, you should click on the “Learn More” text button, placed near it.
- Carefully read all the details and conditions of this credit card. After doing so, click on the huge “Apply Now” button, placed at the top.
- Now, you have just got to see the page with an application form. At that point, you need to provide all the required information about yourself. All in all, fill out the application form.
- Once the application form has been filled out, you should check the box next to “By submitting this application…” and click on the “Review your information” button.
- Now, review the information you have just provided. If everything looks fine and correct, you should click on the “Submit” button.
- Right after doing so, you will have to wait for a result and get to know whether you were approved or rejected for a selected credit card.