The Blaze credit card is a credit card that is aimed at the customers with a poor credit score. Basically, it is a tool that will help you improve your credit score and get something better. But is this credit card worth it? Find out in our review!
Blaze Credit Card Review
As you will notice below, our review contains exact details about the Blaze credit card, including its annual fee, interest rate, recommended credit score, and specific features it offers. With the help of this review, you will be able to make regarding whether you need this credit card or there are better options. Besides, we will provide some links to the alternatives of this credit card.
Key Features of the Blaze Credit Card
Annual fee: $75.
Purchase APR: 29.99% variable.
Recommended credit score: from 350 to 630.
Most suitable for: customers with poor credit who can’t get any other decent credit card.
Credit card features:
- Blaze credit card is a convenient tool for rebuilding your credit.
- You may be easily approved, even if your credit score is poor.
- The credit card works basically anywhere, as it is linked to the MasterCard network.
- No hidden fees or penalty APR.
The Blaze credit card has become increasingly popular in the U.S. market. Simply put, this is a convenient tool for rebuilding poor credit, and customers with a poor credit score can easily be accepted for this credit card. But is this credit card really worth applying? Let’s find out in this review!
The first thing we have to mention is that the Blaze credit card comes with an annual fee of $75, which is rather a high figure. And while the customers with poor credit have a few options out there, there are definitely cards available that do not charge an annual fee (or, at least not as high). Obviously, this credit card from Blaze comes along with an astonishingly high purchase APR, which stands at 29.99% – this is something normal among subprime credit cards.
As a matter of fact, the Blaze credit card is a secured credit card. This means that you need to make a refundable deposit before you will be able to take advantage of all the card’s features. But this actually means that there is little sense in getting this credit card, as, for example, Capital One and Discover offer secured credit cards too. But unlike the Blaze card, those credit cards do not come along with such a hefty annual fee.
It is also obvious that the Blaze credit card doesn’t offer any cash back rewards or other benefits. This could be expected from a subprime credit card. But, for example, the secured credit card from Discover It offers truly generous cash back rewards even for the customers with poor credit. Nor the Blaze credit card offers a special financing period or anything similar to that.
But there are definitely certain advantages of the Blaze credit card as well. First of all, it is going about that you can apply for this credit card with a poor credit score and get easily approved. Indeed, there are certain customers who have been declined for this credit card. However, the majority of the applicants get approved for this credit card instantly.
The other things that have to be pointed out are the credit card’s fees. There are no hidden fees with Blaze credit card. Moreover, the fees overall are lower than the ones of the majority of other credit cards. For instance, the cash advance transaction fee is just 2%. The late payment and returned payment fees may amount up $25 – yet, this is much lower than the usual $38 figure.
One of the really great things about the Blaze credit card – especially from the point of view of the customers with a poor credit – is the APR aspect. Not, of course, the APR itself is great. But if you are going to miss a payment, you will only be charged a late payment fee. But that will not result in a higher APR – this is something that many other banks and companies regularly do.
Overall, this Blaze credit card is aimed at the customers who may need a credit card, regardless of what their credit score looks like. But regardless of how you use this credit card, we highly recommend you to make payments on time and use this credit card in order to improve the credit score. If you do it well enough, you will be able to get a better credit card within a year or two! In a result, you will not have to pay such a high annual fee for this credit card with very few benefits.
But before you apply for this credit card, we highly recommend you to make sure whether there are any better credit cards you can apply for. Considering that the annual fee is high, the chances are that you may get a credit card without an annual fee (or with a lower annual fee). Thus, we highly recommend you to research the market well before applying.
Pros and Cons of the Blaze Credit Card
As you could read from the Blaze credit card review, this credit card doesn’t seem to be very advantageous. However, that could be expected from a credit card that is aimed at the customers with a poor credit. At this point of our article, we will simply list the pros and cons of this credit card. That, in turn, will help you make up your mind whether you should get the Blaze credit card.
These are the main advantages of the Blaze credit card:
- Easy approval. Even though some of the applicants get declined when applying for this credit card, the chances are that you’re likely to be approved – regardless of your credit score. Moreover, many customers get to see the result immediately after submitting their applications.
- You can use the card to rebuild your credit. This is actually the thing that we highly advise you to do. You must use this credit card properly in order to improve your credit score. That, in turn, will help you get a better credit card in the future.
- The fees of this credit card are quite moderate. Apart from the annual fee (which is genuinely high), the other fees of this credit card are quite moderate. As we have pointed out, the late payment and returned payment fees may amount up to $25 – not to the usual $38. Moreover, the card doesn’t impose a higher APR on you after missing a payment.
- High–quality customer service. The customer service of this company is highly rated. Most of the cardholders feel they are well served by the company.
- You can use this credit card basically anywhere. Many store branded credit cards are not connected to major networks (such as Visa or MasterCard), which makes it impossible to use them elsewhere. The Blaze credit card is a fully functional credit card that is connected to MasterCard – you can use this credit card anywhere.
On the other hand, the disadvantages of this credit card are quite serious as well:
- The card imposes a high annual fee. As we have pointed out, this is the main disadvantage of this credit card. You will have to pay $75 on an annual basis, and this fee cannot be waived.
- The APR is too high. Indeed, subprime credit cards usually tend to have a high APR. However, the APR of 29.99% that this credit card offers is so far the highest interest rate we have ever seen.
- This is a secured credit card. This means that you will have to make a refundable deposit in the first place. In a result, that deposit will serve as your credit line. Unfortunately, there is no way how you can get anything better.
- You can’t upgrade to a better credit card automatically. Such companies like Discover and Capital One offer the customers to upgrade their cards from secured to unsecured ones automatically. There is nothing you can do about it with Blaze.
- There are very few decent features. As you could notice from our review, there is barely anything decent that this credit card offers. There is no cash back, no helpful tools. The secured credit card from Discover, for instance, offers far better rewards.
How to Apply for a Blaze Credit Card
If, after reading our review, you think that the Blaze credit card may be a good option for you, you may start the application process. As a matter of fact, you can submit a credit card application completely online and get the result immediately. At this stage of our article, we will simply disclose how to submit your online application for a Blaze credit card.
- In the first place, you have to start the entire process by launching a new tab in the browser and copying the following URL into its address line: https://blazecc.com/. Following it, you should hit the “Enter” button.
- After you have done that, you will get to see the Blaze website in your browser. At that point, you should scroll down a bit and find the yellow “Apply Now” button – give a click to that button.
- On the following page, you will get to see the application form. Start filling out that application form. At first, you must enter the personal information: your first and last name, social security number, date of birth, and email address.
- Next, proceed further with the other fields of the application form. Set up your mailing address: provide your mailing address, city, state, and Zip code.
- Then, you will be asked to provide additional information. You may specify your home phone number, business phone number, and your mother’s maiden name.
- After all, you will have to disclose the financial information about you. Provide your gross annual income and monthly rent or mortgage.
- At the end of the day, you should click on the “Review Application” button and then submit it.
- It is likely that you will get to see the result right after that. If there has been said nothing about that, then the company will contact you as soon as they will make a decision.