Citi Bank is one of the fourth largest American banks, and it offers a top-notch selection of credit cards. Our article not only shows what are the best performing Citi credit cards, but also provides you with guides how to access your card online or how to apply for a new credit card from Citi Bank.
Best Credit Cards from Citi Bank
Given the fact that there are plenty of top-tier credit cards from Citi Bank, it was difficult for us to select a few best performing cards. In this section, you will find best Citi credit cards in such categories like rewards, balance transfers, and hotel cards. Some of these cards tend to be among the best performing cards on the market, and you should definitely have a look at our reviews about them.
Citi Double Cash Credit Card
Annual fee: $0.
Purchase APR: from 15.24% to 25.24%.
Recommended credit score: from 690 to 850.
Most suitable for: customers with varied spending who are seeking high cash back rewards.
Credit card features:
- Earn up to 2% cash back rewards on all purchases you make.
- 0% intro APR period on balance transfers during the first 18 months.
- Price rewind, added purchase protection, and late fee waiver features.
This is one of the best credit cards on the market, which requires an excellent credit but will be perfectly suitable for almost any customers. Citi Double Cash Card can be a decent competitor to any cards from Chase Bank, Wells Fargo, or Bank of America. And while this credit card is able to offer generous rewards, it comes with a $0 annual fee.
The reason why many customers are seeking to apply for this Citi credit card is its high flat cash back rewards rate: you get 1% cash back when you make purchases and additional 1% when you pay them off. That actually leaves you with a 2% cash back rewards rate on all the purchases you make, which makes this card to be one of the most beneficial credit cards for varied spending and with the highest flat rewards. You don’t have to bother yourself with calendar and rotating categories anymore in order to benefit from generous rewards.
Another notable feature of this credit card is that it grants you a 0% intro APR period on balance transfers during the first 18 months. Though, you shouldn’t forget about the fee on balance transfers, which is either $5 or 3% (whichever is higher). But considering that the interest rate will be equal to 0% during the first 18 months, such transfers of your outstanding debt definitely make sense, as you will be able to pay off your debt much faster.
Apart from these two very important features, this credit card also has some additional features that are very valued by the customers. For instance, this is one of the few Citi credit cards that features Price Rewind. This feature means that once you complete a purchase in a retail store, Citibank will look for the same item online and, if the bank finds it cheaper elsewhere, you will be compensated the difference in price. Also, you will be able to waive a late fee penalty for the first time you miss the payment.
At the end, it is worth saying that this credit card is one of the best credit cards on the market. And while it comes with a $0 annual fee, it requires an excellent credit score for applying. If you can afford this credit card (given your credit score), you should definitely get it.
Citi Hilton HHonnors Reserve Credit Card
Annual fee: $95.
Purchase APR: 15.99%.
Recommended credit score: from 700 to 850.
Most suitable for: customers who often stay in Hilton hotels, who want a Gold status, or who travel frequently.
Credit card features:
- 0% foreign transaction fee.
- Earn up to 1.5% cash back rewards on everyday spending.
- Earn up to 5% cash back rewards for paying for Hilton accommodation.
- Earn a Gold Status as a cardmember.
- No limit or cap on the maximum amount of rewards you can earn in a year.
- Earn 2 weekend welcome nights and 1 weekend night anniversary bonuses.
When it comes to hotel credit cards, this credit card from Citi Bank tends to be among the most lucrative options – especially for those customers who prefer to stay in the family of Hilton hotels. But in order to benefit from this credit card at its fullest (after all, it comes with a $95 annual fee), one has to be a big spender. Otherwise, it would be worthwhile to look for other card options (like the first card from this review or Chase Freedom Unlimited).
Let’s look in detail why this card is especially lucrative for big spenders and customers who prefer to stay in Hilton hotels. First of all, it offers two bonuses: a welcome bonus for 2 weekend nights stay and a free weekend anniversary bonus. In order to get the first bonus, you need to spend $2,500 within the first four months, while the latter requires you to spend $10,000 in a year. The value of both bonuses is at least $700, but may amount up to more than $1,000, which definitely makes it worthwhile to pursue them.
Another aspect of this credit card is that you will earn a lot of points for using this card for Hilton accommodation: 10 points for every $1 spent, which is roughly 5% of cash back. The points you earn can also be transferred for paying for the products from Hilton’s partners (such as airlines), but sometimes it barely makes any sense. But even by paying anything else than Hitlon accommodation, you will be able to reserve a good reward rate of 1.5%.
To sum up, this credit card from Citi Bank is among the top hotel credit cards that can be found on the market. If you spend a lot with this credit card, the bonuses and benefits you get may well exceed $1,500, which is much higher than what you would pay as an annual fee. There is no reason to say that in such a case, it appears to be more than worthwhile to apply for this Citi credit card.
Citi Diamond Preferred Credit Card
Annual fee: $0.
Purchase APR: from 14.74% to 24.74%.
Recommended credit score: from 690 to 850.
Most suitable for: customers who seeking to transfer their outstanding debt.
Credit card features:
- 0% intro APR on balance during the first 21 months.
- Zero fraud liability.
- Access to presale tickets.
- Travel insurance, purchase protection, and rental car insurance.
This credit card from Citi Bank is worthwhile applying for if you have an outstanding debt that you want to pay off. Considering that it offers a 21-month long 0% intro APR period on balance transfers (which is one of the longest 0% APR periods on the market), you can easily transfer your debt into this card and pay it off far faster, as you will not have to pay the interest rate.
Indeed, this credit card revolves exactly about this feature of 0% intro APR period. But keep in mind that if you decide to transfer your debt to this card, you will be charged a balance transfer fee of either $5 or 5% (whichever is greater). So, if have a large outstanding debt, you should previously calculate whether it is worth making such a balance transfer.
Apart from it, this Citi Bank credit card has also some additional (yet not less worthwhile) features one may take advantage of. For instance, cardholders get access to presale tickets – something that a few Citi credit cards offer. Also, customers with this credit card also enjoy a free travel insurance, rental car insurance, and purchase protection.
To sum up this short review, this card may be a good choice for paying off your debt. But, unfortunately, it barely makes any sense to use it elsewhere, as it doesn’t offer any cash back rewards. Using this card elsewhere than in the United States is also pointless, whereas a 3% foreign transaction fee will actually force you to pay more than you have to. All in all, apply for this credit card only if you have an outstanding debt and you need a prolonged period (up to 21 months) in order to pay it off.
How to Log In To Citi Credit Card Account
Once you have obtained and activated a credit card from Citi Bank, you can register this card for online access. This will allow you to carry out many manipulations with your credit card online, without having to step out of your home. So, if you wish to learn how to access your Citi credit card online, you should take advantage of this section of our article.
This is how you can access your Citi Bank credit card on the website:
- The first thing you should do is to launch a new tab in your browser and go to the following webpage: https://www.citi.com/.
- On the main webpage of the Citi Bank’s website, you will get to see the online banking form, placed on the right. Start typing your user ID in the first field.
- Right after that, you have to enter your password in the next field.
- You can also check the box next to “Remember my User ID” – that will allow you to save your user ID for future sessions.
- At the end, you should click on the “Sign On” button in order to access your credit card account with Citi Bank.
How to Apply for a Citi Credit Card
In case you don’t have a credit card from Citi Bank yet, you can apply for a credit card you want online. But before you will rush to apply for a credit card, we highly recommend you to read reviews (including ours) and carefully, attentively choose a credit card that perfectly matches your needs. Once you have made up your mind, you can apply for a credit card from Citi Bank by following the instructions, provided in this section of our article.
Apply for a credit card from Citi Bank step by step:
- In the first place, you have to open a new tab in the browser and access the following website: https://www.citi.com/.
- After that, you will get to see the main webpage of this bank and its menu at the top. There, you have to click on the “Credit Cards” option.
- Following it, you will get to see the page of Citi credit cards. There, you must either select a category of credit cards that interest you (for example, “Cash Back Cards”) or click on the “VIEW ALL CITI CARDS” button.
- Next, you will get to see the page with a list of Citi credit cards. Browse that page until you will find a suitable option for a new credit card.
- Once you have found a suitable credit card option, you have to click on the “Learn More & Apply” button.
- Now, you have just accessed the page of a selected credit card. There, you need to find out more about this credit card and read all the details.
- If, after reading the details, the credit card still seems suitable for you, you have to click on the “APPLY NOW” button.
- Following it, you will be redirected to the page with an application form, which you have to fill out. Provide all the required information.
- Once you have filled out the entire application form, scroll down. At the bottom of the page, check boxes near “I have read…” and “I agree to…”. After that, click on the “Submit” button.
- Now, you have just submitted your application for a selected credit card. Soon you will get to know the result: whether you were approved or rejected for this credit card.