Even though Key Bank is one of the largest banks in the United States and is naturally featured in the top 10 largest banks, the number of Key Bank credit cards on offer is not that big. For instance, there are many more credit cards from Citi Bank and Chase Bank. This credit card review will, however, reveal what are the top features of these credit cards from Key Bank.
Best Credit Cards from Key Bank
Unfortunately, Key Bank is able to offer only two types of credit cards, both of which we will review below. While one credit card is a fairly good option for paying off outstanding debt, the second credit card offers solid cash back rewards (but not as generous as one might expect). In this review, we will dive deeper into the matter and find out what is special about these credit cards in detail.
KeyBank Latitude Credit Card
Annual fee: $0.
Purchase APR: from 11.24% to 21.24%.
Recommended credit score: from 650 to 850.
Most suitable for: customers who seeking to pay off their outstanding debt.
Credit card features:
- 0% intro APR period during the first 15 billing cycles on purchases and balance transfers that were made during the first 60 days after getting the credit card.
- Price protection and extended warranty features.
- Identity theft resolution services.
- Extra travel and entertainment offers from MasterCard.
This credit card from Key Bank is aimed at the customers who have an outstanding debt burden and want to relieve it and pay their debts faster. The reason for that is because the major advantage of this credit card is a 15-month long 0% intro APR period on balance transfers and purchases. However, that is a noticeably lower 0% intro APR period than the ones offered by, for example, Wells Fargo Platinum Visa and especially Citi Diamond Preferred. Besides, it must be pointed out that the 0% APR is applicable only to purchases and balance transfers made during the first 60 days.
But if you already have a bank account with Key Bank or another card from this bank, you may apply for this card and relieve your debt burden. Thus, you will be able to make a balance transfer to this credit card during the first days and will have 15 months to pay it off. Without having to pay an interest rate, you will be able to pay off your debts much faster. Keep in mind, however, that you will have to pay a balance transfer fee of either 4% or $10 (whichever is greater).
Besides, this credit card may be a good option if you are planning to make big purchases for credit funds. If, for instance, you plan to buy the goods worth $5,000, you can apply for this credit card, buy the wanted items in the first 60 days after getting this credit card, and you will have 15 months to pay it off without having to pay an interest rate. Besides, the credit card also comes with the features of extended warranty and price protection. The latter feature means that if you find a product you had previously purchased (during the last 60 days) for a higher price, you may be reimbursed the difference.
But apart from it, this credit card has very few features to offer. It provides the clients with the standard perks from MasterCard (access to travel lounges, ticket presales, etc.). and the services of identity theft resolution. On the other hand, it doesn’t provide – like the majority of other credit cards do – the feature of zero fraud liability, which is offered by many the competitors of Key Bank.
At the end, it is worth to note that KeyBank Latitude Credit Card comes with fewer penalties than other credit cards do. Thus, if you miss to pay a bill on time, you will not be charged a sky-high APR – on the contrary, it may be as low as 11.24%. The card naturally comes with a late fee of $37 and a 3% foreign transaction fee, but without returned-payment fees. All in all, this is a decent credit card from Key Bank that will help you manage your debt.
Key2More Rewards Credit Card
Annual fee: $0.
Purchase APR: from 14.24% to 23.24%.
Recommended credit score: from 675 to 850.
Most suitable for: big spenders who want to enjoy a good cash back rewards rate from all purchases.
Credit card features:
- 1% cash back rewards rate on all purchases you make.
- 25% monthly bonus if you spend more than $1,000 in a month.
- 50% monthly bonus if you spend more than $2,000 in a month.
- 10,000 points bonus (worth $25) after you make 5 purchases during the first 2 months.
- 0% intro APR period on purchases and balance transfers during the first 6 months.
- Price protection and extended warranty features.
This is a Key Bank credit card that is widely advertised, but, as a matter of fact, the card doesn’t tend to live up to the expectations. The advertising says that you get 5 points for dollar spent on anything. Besides, you get a 10,000 points worth bonus after making five purchases during the first 60 days – regardless of the amount you have spent. And while many customers would woo and rush for this credit card, there are still important details to dive into.
Indeed, the customers who have a Key2More Rewards Credit Card enjoy a rewards rate of 5 points for every $1 spent on anything. But, according to our calculations, each point is worth only $0.002, which means that effectively 5 points are worth $0.01 – that results in a 1% cash back rewards rate. That doesn’t look as exciting as 5 points for every $1 spent. Additionally, that also means that you get a welcome bonus of mere $25, which is not serious in comparison to the offers from other companies.
But if one excludes the welcome bonus from the calculations, it is worth to apply for this credit card only if you spend more than $2,000 every month. That will allow you to boost your cash back rewards to 1.5%, which is something that other credit cards offer. But, for instance, Chase Freedom Unlimited grants you a 1.5% cash back rewards rate by default, and that rewards rate may be boosted up to the whopping 1.875% – and that is considering that the welcome bonus worth $500 wasn’t counted! In such circumstances, this credit card from Key Bank tends to be extremely underperforming.
Apart from the cash back rewards, the Key2More Rewards Credit Card also offers a 0% intro APR period on purchases and balance transfers during the first 6 months. But even that is a rather scanty offer. The Chase Freedom Unlimited Card (which we already have mentioned) offers a 0% intro APR period during the first 15 months! And this comparison says it all.
Same as the previous credit card from Key Bank, this card also has the features of extended warranty and price protection – they may serve somewhat as a consolation for the meagre bonuses. But one way or another, you should apply for this credit card from Key Bank only if you currently have a low credit score and can’t afford Chase Freedom Unlimited or its competitors. Otherwise, this Key Bank card is beaten by many of its competitors, and there are definitely better options on the market.
How to Log In To Key Bank Credit Card Account
If you have already got one of the Key Bank credit cards mentioned above, you can enroll in the online banking system of this bank and access your credit card online. That will allow you to make transactions, pay your bills, check your balance, get credit card statements, and a number of other things. This part of our page will demonstrate you how to access your credit card account online.
In this simple way, you can access your credit card online on the website of Key Bank:
- Start the entire procedure by launching a new tab in your browser and going to the following webpage: https://www.key.com/.
- On the website of Key Bank, you will see the black “Sign On” button that can be found on the right side of the page – give a click to that button.
- Right after that, you will notice that a dropdown online banking form has just appeared. At that point, you can start accessing the bank account with your credit card from Key Bank.
- The first thing you should do there is to type your username (login) of the online banking account in the first field.
- Next, type your password in the second field there. If you have forgotten it, you can learn how to recover it on this page.
- In addition, you can check the box next to “Save User ID” and save your username for future sessions – this way, you won’t have to enter it next time.
- After all, you can click on the “Sign On” button and access your credit card account with Key Bank.
How to Apply for a Key Bank Credit Card Online
One of the ways how to apply for a credit card from Key Bank is to visit one of the bank’s branches. But you are also able to apply for a Key credit card without even having to step out of your home – online. At this point of our review, we will guide you through the process of the online application for a Key Bank credit card.
You can apply for a Key Bank credit card online in this way:
- In the first place, you have to launch a new tab in your browser and access the following website there: https://www.key.com/.
- Right after that, you will get to see the main menu of the website, which is located at the top of the page. There, you have to go to Products > Credit Cards > Compare Credit Cards.
- Now, you have just got to see the available credit cards from Key Bank and their features (read the first part of our review in order to find out which credit card suits your needs more).
- Once you have made up your mind regarding which credit card to apply for, you should simply click on the “APPLY NOW” button, placed beneath the card’s name on that page.
- On the next page, you will be asked to enter your ZIP code – type your ZIP code in the provided field and click on “Continue.”
- Eventually, fill out the application form and click on the “Submit” button.
- In the nearest time, you will receive an answer from Key Bank.