Santander Bank is present in many countries, including the United Kingdom and the United States. Millions of people have become the customers of this bank. Santander Bank also offers a decent online banking system, which provides the customers with a great deal of convenience and flexibility. This article will show you how to complete Santander Bank online login or sign up for online banking.
Basically, any customer of Santander bank is eligible to join its online banking program. Enrolling in the Santander online banking program allows the customers to benefit from the numerous features it offers. In particular, one is able to do the following things after signing up for online banking:
- View and download eStatements.
- Pay bills online.
- Make transfers to other bank accounts.
- Locate the closest Santander branches and ATMs.
- View the history of transactions.
- Check the current bank account balance.
Santander Bank Login
Actually, Santander Bank allows you to take advantage of online banking not only if you are a retail customer. It also provides a number of other online banking login types. Regardless of what type of a bank account you have, we will show you how to log in to your account step by step.
You are able to sign in to your online banking account with Santander Bank in this simple way:
- Start the entire process by launching another tab in the browser and copying the following URL into the address line of it: https://www.santanderbank.com/.
- On the website of Santander Bank, you have to click on the grey “Login” button, placed to the right side from the menu.
- That action will trigger an online banking form, which will appear right beneath that button. Now, you can start accessing your online banking account.
- The first thing you should do is to click on the field below “Online Services” and trigger a dropdown menu. You can leave it by default if you are going to sign in to a personal bank account. But if you need a different account you can choose one of the following ones: Mortgage Accounts, Business Online Banking, Investment Services, or Consumer Credit Cards. Then, click on the “ok” button.
- Then, type your username in the online banking form that has just appeared. Then, click on the “login” button.
- On the next page, you will be able to complete the login procedure. At that point, you must type your password in the provided field. Then, you have to click on the “Submit” button.
- Now, you have just signed in to your Santander online banking account. Now, you can do all the actions and transactions we have listed above.
Sign Up for Santander Online Banking
Santander Bank allows any its customer to sign up for online banking. As a matter of fact, the procedure is really quick and barely takes two minutes of time. But before you will start the registration process, you must make sure that you have access to your mobile phone. Also, you should know your account number (or credit card number) as well as your social security number.
You are able to enroll in the Santander online banking program by sticking to these guidelines:
- First of all, you need to launch another tab in the browser and go to the following webpage: https://www.santanderbank.com/.
- Once you have entered the website of Santander Bank, you have to click on the “Login” button – it is located on the right side of the website’s menu.
- In a dropdown online banking platform that has just appeared, you need to click on the “First time user? Enroll now” text button, placed below the “login” button.
- On the following page, you will get to see a short application form that you have to fill out. Start doing so.
- At first, you must select one of the verification options: account number or ATM/debit/credit card. Simply click on that field and select an option that suits you.
- Following it, you must enter either your card number or your account number in the next field.
- Once you have done that, type the last four digits of your social security number in the next field.
- After all, you will have to choose the authentication method in the next field. For that purpose, you should click on the “Select” field. In a dropdown menu, you should select either one-time passcode or personal questionnaire.
- Let’s suppose that you have selected “personal questionnaire.” After doing that, you should click on the “Continue” button.
- Following it, you will get to see the page with several questions from the bank. Provide the correct answers to those questions in the provided fields and click on the “Continue” button again.
- If you have done everything correctly, you will end up on a page that allows you to set up a username and password for your online banking account. At that point, you have to come up with a strong password for your account. Once it is ready, type your username in the first field and type the password in both next fields on that page and click on the “Continue” button.
- Eventually, you will notice a notification, saying that you have successfully signed up for online banking with Santander Bank. Now, you can use your username and password (as well as the first section of our guide) for accessing your online banking account.
Recover Online Banking Password
In a case if you have lost your password, you will be asked three things to provide: your date of birth, your user ID, and have access to your mobile phone. Access to your mobile phone is needed in order to verify your identity during the recovery process. In regards to everything else, you should simply stick to the guidelines published below.
You can recover the password of your online banking account with Santander in this way:
- Start by launching another tab in your browser and accessing this webpage: https://www.santanderbank.com/.
- On the website of Santander Bank, you have to click on the grey “Login” button, placed on the right side.
- Following it, you will trigger an online banking form right beneath that button. At that point, you must click on the “Forgot your password?” text button, placed among other text buttons beneath the “login” button.
- On the next page, you will be able to start the recovery process. At first, type your user ID in the first field on that page.
- Then, enter your date of birth in the second field and click on the “Continue” button.
- On the following page, you will be asked to use your phone number to verify your identity. There, select a way of receiving a verification code and click on the “Continue” button.
- Once you have received a verification code on your mobile device, enter it in the provided field and click, once again, on “Continue.”
- Now, you can set up a new password for your online banking account – just make sure this password to be secure enough. Make up a password and type it in both fields on that page. Then, click on the “Continue” button once more.
- Following it, you will get to see a notification, saying that your password has been updated. Now, you can use a newly set password and sign in to your online banking account.
As you can see, it tends to be quite convenient to use the online banking system of Santander Bank. But considering that this is one of the world’s largest banking groups, one may have a need to find out more information about it. The Santander Bank Online Banking page will provide you with links to the bank’s apps, its SWIFT number, contact phone numbers, and other useful info.