US Bank is ranked among the largest financial institutions in the United States, and it offers quite a good selection of credit cards to its customers. We will not only review the best US Bank credit cards, but will also provide guides on how to apply for a credit card from US Bank and how to access it online.
Best Credit Cards from US Bank
The selection of credit cards offered by US Bank is quite decent, and there are solid options for every customer. In this part of our article, we have reviewed credit cards from three categories: debt consolidation, cash back rewards, and premium travel. Each of the cards is designed for a particular purpose and is among the best credit cards in a particular category on the market.
US Bank Visa Platinum Credit Card
Annual fee: $0.
Purchase APR: from 11.24% to 23.24%.
Recommended credit score: from 670 to 850.
Most suitable for: customers who have a large outstanding debt and need to make a debt consolidation.
Credit card features:
- 0% intro APR period on balance transfers and purchases during the first 18 months.
- Fraud protection.
- Cell phone protection.
This credit card from US Bank is aimed at the customers who have a large outstanding debt that has to be paid off. And while offering little bonuses apart from that, this US Bank credit card appears to be among the most competitive credit cards for debt consolidation on the market.
The reason for selecting such a credit card for debt consolidation might be because of the 18-month long 0% intro APR period on purchases and balance transfers. That is among the longest intro APR periods on the market, which also comes along with a relatively low APR – it appears to be 11.24% on the low end. Yet, you must bear in mind that the 0% intro APR period is applicable only to balance transfers and purchases made during the first 60 days after opening an account.
Apart from the 0% intro APR period, this US Bank credit card barely offers any other features and bonuses. Indeed, you will bear zero responsibility for an unauthorized use of the credit card. You will also get a cell phone protection with a limit of $600 per accident. However, it is sure that the card is centered around the intro APR period.
Even though this US Bank credit card is, indeed, worthwhile and one may recommend to apply for it, there are still better options on the market. On one hand, Wells Fargo Platinum Visa offers the equally long 0% intro APR period, but for purchases and balance transfers done within any time during the first 18 months. But we personally would suggest you to consider applying for the Union Bank Visa Card, which comes with a 15-month long intro APR period but also doesn’t impose a balance transfer fee on the transfers made within the first 60 days.
US Bank Cash Visa Signature Credit Card
Annual fee: $0.
Purchase APR: from 14.74% to 23.74%.
Recommended credit score: from 680 to 850.
Most suitable for: low or mid spenders who want to enjoy generous cash back rewards.
Credit card features:
- 0% intro APR period on balance transfers during the first 12 months.
- 5% cash back for the first $2,000 spent on two categories you choose quarterly.
- 2% cash back on one everyday category (grocery, gas, restaurants).
- 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- You will get a $100 welcome bonus after spending $500 within the first 3 months.
- Unlimited cash back.
This US Bank credit card is among the best rewards cards for low spenders on the market. The reason for that is that there are certain limitations on the amount of rewards you can receive each quarter. Now, let’s look into the details of this credit card.
The US Bank Visa Signature Card is naturally centered around cash back rewards. Each quarter, you will be able to choose two of the following categories for receiving a 5% cash back: fast food, movie theaters, charity, car rentals, furniture stores, electronics stores, bookstores, cell phones, sporting goods stores, gyms & fitness centers, and select clothing stores. However, you will get a 5% cash back only on the first $2,000 spent in that quarter on the selected categories. Yet, such a high cash back rewards rate will leave you with the rewards of $400 per year (if you spend $8,000 with a cash back of 5%).
Apart from it, you will also get cash back of 2% on one of the everyday categories – this is also not a bad offer. You will get 1% cash back rewards rate on all purchases. Considering that you can spend only $8,000 with a cash back of 5% in a year, you shouldn’t apply for this credit card if you tend to spend much more. Definitely, there are better options on the market for such customers, and even a 2% cash back card on all purchases may turn out to be more profitable for you.
In addition, you will also receive a $100 welcome bonus if you manage to spend $500 within the first 90 days. And while the bonus is not bad at all, Chase Freedom Unlimited, for instance, offers a more generous bonus, which is worth $150. This US Bank credit card also doesn’t have limitations on the amount of bonuses you can amass. Additionally, you can redeem any rewards you have receive – even if it’s just $1.
All in all, this is a decent credit card from US Bank. But if you want to squeeze the maximum value out of it, you must be a low or mid spender. The amount of cash back rewards may well exceed $500 in a year if you spend around $10,000, and that’s without counting the welcome bonus. One should definitely consider applying for this credit card.
US Bank Altitude Reserve Credit Card
Annual fee: $400.
Purchase APR: 17.49%.
Recommended credit score: from 720 to 850.
Most suitable for: customers looking for credit cards with luxury perks and those customers who travel a lot.
Credit card features:
- $325 annual travel credit.
- 50,000 points worth welcome bonus after spending $4,500 in the first 90 days.
- 3x points on travel and mobile wallet purchases.
- Access to airport lounges through Priority Pass Select and TSA PreCheck Credit.
- Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection.
- Relais & Chateaux Boutique Luxury Hotel benefits.
- You get up to 30% off car rentals of two days or more with Silvercar.
- 12 Gogo Wifi Passes in a year in Canada and the United States.
The US Bank Altitude Reserve Card is an amazing credit card, especially if you know how to use it properly. This credit card is among the top-tier credit cards on the market and is, perhaps, the most prestigious and beneficial credit card from US Bank. The card would be especially beneficial for those customers who travel a lot and would opt to redeem their bonus points towards travel rewards.
To begin with, one should say that only those customers who have eligible bank accounts with US Bank are able to apply for this card. Secondly, the annual fee of this credit card amounts to $400. However, you get $325 annually as a travel credit, which means that the effective annual fee is just $75. In exchange for that annual fee, you will get generous cash back rewards that may well exceed the annual fee.
First of all, you get 3 points for every $1 spent on mobile wallet and travel purchases. For all other transactions, you get only the mere 1 point for every $1. You might not realize it, but there are many companies that accept mobile wallet payments, including such brands like Macy’s, Foot Locker, Subway, McDonald’s, Trader Joe’s, Stop&Shop, Whole Foods, Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, AirBnB and others. The points are can be redeemed towards cash whereas 1 point is worth $0.01. However, we highly recommend you to redeem your points towards US Bank travel credit – you will receive 50% more in such a case. It means that you will get 4.5% cash back rewards rate on mobile wallet and travel purchases.
Apart from such a high cash back rewards rate one may enjoy, it is also worth to mention the welcome bonus. If you manage to spend $4,500 within the first 90 days, you will get 50,000 points in exchange – they can be redeemed towards $750 in travel credit. There is no need to point out how generous the rewards may be with this card, if you use it properly.
In addition to the cash back rewards, you get a number of other exclusive benefits. For instance, you can visit lounges 4 times in a year for free with the card’s Priority Pass Limited – this perk is valued somewhat higher than $200. Other features include access and room upgrades in luxury hotels from Visa or additional hotel benefits.
As to sum up, this is a decent credit card with luxury benefits and generous cash back rewards rate. If you know how and where to use this credit card (like purchasing with mobile wallets or redeeming all the points towards travel credit), the benefits you get may well exceed $1,000. So, if you are an avid traveler, you should definitely go for this credit card.
How to Log In To US Credit Card Account
Once you have obtained a credit card from US Bank, you can enroll in the US Bank online banking system. That will allow you access your credit card account online and make transactions, pay bills, and get credit card statements without stepping out of your home.
You can access your credit card account with US Bank in this simple way:
- The first thing you should do is to open a new tab in your browser and go to the following webpage: https://www.usbank.com/.
- On the right side of the page, you will notice the online banking form – that is the place where you can access your credit card account.
- Type your user ID in the field in that form.
- You can also save your username for future sessions by checking the box near “Remember my ID.”
- Next, you have to click on the “Log In” button.
- On the next page, you should type your password in the given field and click on the “Log In” button again. After that, you will access your credit card account with US Bank.
How to Apply for a Credit Card from US Bank
In case you don’t have a credit card from US Bank yet, you can choose one and apply for it online. This will save you a lot of time, whereas the entire application process is quick and convenient. In this part of our article, we will demonstrate how to apply for a US Bank credit card step by step.
In this way, you can apply for a credit card from US Bank step by step:
- First of all, you should launch a new tab in the browser and go to the following webpage: https://www.usbank.com/.
- In the website’s main menu, you should click on the “Credit Cards” menu item.
- In the dropdown window, you have to click on the category of credit cards you want to apply for.
- Then, you will get to see a page which displays all credit cards from a selected category. At that point, you should click on the “Learn More” button, placed next to the credit card that has interested you.
- On the next page, you will get to see all the details about a selected credit card. At that point, however, you must click on the “Apply Now” button.
- The following page will require you to log in (if you are an existing customer of US Bank). If you are a new customer, you should click on the “New to U.S. Bank? Apply here.” text button.
- Select “Individual” on the next page.
- Right after that, you will get to see the page with the application form. Fill it out and click on the “Next” button.
- Then, provide all the required information and finalize the application process. You will get the results in a matter of minutes after completing it.