Westpac Banking Corporation, one of the largest banking corporations in Australia, is known for its decent level of online banking. If you are one of the customers of Westpac Bank, we highly recommend you to take advantage of the online banking with Westpac. This article will not only guide you through the Westpac login process. You will also learn how to start using the bank’s online banking system.
As a matter of fact, any customer of Westpac is eligible to join its online banking program. One of the obvious benefits of Westpac is that regardless of what type of a bank account you have, you can still use it online. If you sign up for Westpac online banking, you can take advantage of the following features:
- Make transfers to other bank accounts.
- Pay your bills online.
- Locate the closest Westpac ATMs and branches.
- View your history of transactions online.
- Access and download eStatements.
Once you have got an online banking account with Westpac Bank, you can benefit from all the online features that were described above. But before you can do it, you should carry out a simple and quick login procedure. As this part of our guide will show, you are able to sign in to your online banking account in a matter of seconds.
This is the way how you can log in to your Westpac online banking account:
- In the first place, you have to launch a new tab in the browser and go to the following webpage: https://www.westpac.com.au/.
- On the website of Westpac Bank, you will get to see the online banking form – it is located in the right-upper corner.
- In the field next to the red “Sign in” button, you should select “Online Banking – Personal” option. You can also select any other type of an online banking account, if you need to sign in to a different account. For instance, select “Online Banking – Business” if you have a business bank account.
- Once you have selected a suitable type of an account, you should click on the “Sign in” button.
- On the next page, you will get to see the Westpac login form, and that form allows you to sign in to your account.
- At first, you must type the username of your online banking account in the first field.
- Then, enter the password of your bank account in the second field of that form.
- You can also save your customer ID for future sessions – just check the box near “Remember customer ID.”
- Eventually, you have to finish this Westpac login process by clicking on the “Sign in” button.
- In a matter of seconds, you will access your online banking account. At that point, you will be able to do any manipulations you want with your bank account online.
Enroll in Westpac Online Banking
If you don’t have an online banking account with Westpac yet, you can set it up in a matter of 5 minutes. Actually, you are able to create an online banking account with Westpac, regardless of what type of a bank account you have. At this point, we will show you how to sign up for personal online banking, but you can choose a different registration path at the beginning.
You are able to sign up for online banking with Westpac Banking Corporation in the following way:
- First of all, you can start by launching another tab in the browser and going to the following webpage: https://www.westpac.com.au/.
- Once you have got to see the website of this bank, you should click on the “Register” text button – it is located in the right-upper corner.
- In a dropdown menu that has just appeared, you should select the “Westpac Live – Personal” option (or any other option, if it’s applicable to your bank account).
- On the following page, you will get to see what information you need in order to get registered. At that point, you have to click on the “Register” button.
- Right after that, you will get to see the registration form – now, you can sign up for online banking with Westpac. At first, select a tab that suits you more: “Card number” or “customer ID” – this is what you will be required to enter.
- Let’s suppose that you have chosen “Card number.” Thus, enter your credit/debit card number in the first field.
- Then, enter your first and last name in the next fields.
- After all, you should enter your date of birth and click on the “Next” button.
- On the next page, you will be asked to verify the account ownership. Enter your account details or the details of a recent statement – it is up to you how to verify the ownership. Then, click on the “Next” button.
- On the following page, you have to select three security questions. Make up an answer to each of the questions and type it in the appropriate fields. Note down the questions and answers to them and store that paper in a safe place. Click on the “Next” button.
- Following it, you will be asked to set up a password for your account. Compose a secure password for your Westpac online banking account and type it in both fields. Then, click on the “Next” button.
- Eventually, make sure that the contact details are correct. Also, you might be asked to verify your phone number or email address. At the end, click on the “Submit” button.
- Following it, you will receive your user ID either on your phone number or on an email address. Now, you can use that user ID and your account’s password for accessing your online banking account.
Recover Online Banking Password
Even if you can’t access your account due to the lost password (or even username), you still have a chance to recover it in a matter of several minutes. For that, you will have to have two things in place: know your customer ID and have access to a security device. In regards to everything else, skip your worries and stick to the guidelines below.
You can recover the password of your Westpac online banking account in this way:
- Start the entire process by opening a new tab in the browser and going to the following webpage: https://www.westpac.com.au/.
- On the website of Westpac, you have to click on the red “Sign in” button – it is located in the right-upper corner.
- Right after that, you will get to see the Westpac login form. Instead of having to use that form, you need to click on the “Forgot customer ID or password?” text button, placed right beneath the “Sign in” button.
- On the next page, you should select the box near the option of what you need to recover: customer ID or password.
- Then, scroll that page to the bottom. At the bottom, you have to enter your customer ID in the first field.
- After it, you should select your birthdate in the next fields and click on the “Next” button.
- If all the details you have provided were correct, you will be asked to verify your ownership. Select the means of receiving a verification code and click on the “Next” button.
- After you have received a verification code on your smartphone, type in the field on the next page. Click on the “Next” button once more.
- Now, you are able to set up a new password for your account. Compose a reliable, secure password, consisting of upper-case letters, lowercase letters, and digits.
- Following it, type the new password in both fields on the next page. Click on the “Next” button again.
- Right after that, you will be redirected to the page with a notification, saying that your password has been changed. Now, you can sign in to your Westpac online banking account with a new password.
As you can see, Westpac offers quite a solid and simple system of online banking. But apart from that, Westpac offers a variety of products and services. If you want to find out more information about Westpac Bank, you can do that by visiting this Westpac Online Banking page.